Switching between ADSL and cable connections

If you are switching between an ADSL provider and a cable provider then you don't need a MAC code. This is because a MAC (Migration Authorisation Code) Code is used to make the move between ADSL broadband) providers easy. Moving to and from Cable is different.

You should cancel your existing provider when you have agreed terms with the new Cable provider. To move to ADSL from Cable you should also ensure that you have a BT phone line in the property before cancelling your Cable.

Compare UK broadband deals